1st logo: There are multiple variants used:
- Fireworks: We see shadow figures of three children looking into the night sky. A firecracker (which looks like a comet streak) passes by them and we pan up into space, Then the firecracker bounces off of an astronaut, then a satellite, and finally, the moon, who has a very angry look, before it shoots up into the sky, and then explodes into several fireworks. "NICKELODEON" in its familiar font forms. A more common version starts at the firecracker shooting into the sky.
- Nick TV: On a blue green background, we see a boy in glasses standing next to a large, winged turtle with a TV screen on it. The boy jumps onto the turtle as it flies around in circles. It then stops in the middle of the screen to reveal the "NICKELODEON" text on the TV screen. This was done by Colossal Pictures.
- Nick Box: On a cream-colored background with objects, we see many objects falling down, and landing in a black rectangle. Then, we see the black rectangle, but on top unfolds a orange rectangle, with "NICKELODEON" in the colors of the objects, which in it's familiar font, is on it. It makes a box shape, then the "NICKELODEON" text flashes white, and a butterfly flies out of the box.
- Fish: On a stage surrounded by blue fish, we see three green fish dancing and another one playing the piano. A curtain, with the "NICKELODEON" text in it's familiar font, drops. This was done by David Lubell.
- Golf: We see the toe of a golf club, with a orange golf ball with "NICKELODEON" on it. It hits it, and goes through a loop with a orange arrow with "NICKELODEON" on it. It comes through a windmill with flat orange hands with "NICKELODEON" on it, and finally gets through a curvy pathway with Nickelodeon arrows pointing up.
- Submarine: We see a dinosaur standing in the middle of a field, looking around. Suddenly, the ground turns into water, and an orange submarine with "NICKELODEON" on it floats up to the surface, right under the dinosaur's feet. This was done by Charlex.
- Teacup: On a black background, we see a very weird looking tea-dispenser with green grass-like hair, big eyes, a tongue holding a teacup, and a tube coming out of its nose into the teacup. The tea-dispenser slowly spins so that the camera is facing the back of it, and starts to become transparent. When it becomes fully transparent, we see three fish with "NICKELODEON" on them swimming in circles inside.
- Bikes: On a black background, we see two hand-drawn people (one orange and one purple) riding bikes. This then changes to a blue person wearing green clothing falling over on a bike carrying packages, then to another purple person riding a bike, and finally multiple red people passing by on their bikes. During the last shot, an orange person also passes by, with one of his bike's gears reading "NICKELODEON". When this gear shows up on screen, every part of the orange person's bike except the gear disappears, leaving only the gear on screen.
- Clay: On a white background, we see a clay orange bomb reading "NICKELODEON" with a lit fuse. When the bomb detonates, it explodes into an orange drop, which transforms into an orange fish reading "NICKELODEON", and then into an orange triangle, also reading "NICKELODEON".
- Pattycake: We see two silhouettes with orange outlines playing Pattycake on the moon in outer space (we also see Earth in the background). The silhouettes clap hands two times, and four orange hands appear on screen. When they clap hands again, they disappear, and "NICKELODEON" appears on the four orange hands.
There was a superimposed variant of the short fireworks logo that was seen on Double Defi, the French-Canadian version of Double Dare.
2nd logo: Against a teal background, various hard-to-describe versions of the Nick logo bounce around the screen (usually "Cloud 2"), eventually settling in the center. Copyright info (which vary in font depending on the show it follows) appears below. Sometimes the copyright info can be on as early as the logo is animating.
- A still version of the logo without any copyright notice exist.
- The second logo for Nickelodeon Animation Studios was also used along with this logo for certain Nicktoons (Jimmy Neutron, the Frederator Nicktoons [The Fairly OddParents alternated with this and the Nicktoons Splat], Danny Phantom, The X's, and Invader Zim) up until 2006. See the page for more details.
3rd logo: On a white and teal background with green CGI bubbles, one bursts, revealing a CGI Nickelodeon logo. Copyright info is shown below.
- On Wayside, there was no copyright information byline and at the top, there was orange text that read "This has been a presentation of".
- On Back at the Barnyard, and The Fairly OddParents episode "77 Secrets of The Fairly OddParents Revealed", the logo lacks copyright info.
- On all Three Delivery shorts, the logo is completely still.
- On Making Fiends, the logo is in black and white.
- On a 2007 season 1 airing of Just Jordan, if you look closely near to the end, the 2006 copyright stamp appears due to a plastering error.
4th logo: On a black background, we see the infamous Nickelodeon orange splat logo in 2D. Then the background glows dark orange, and the splat transforms into an orange 3D CGI lightbulb, an obvious homage to the Nickelodeon Productions logo of 1996, which turns toward us. And as always, copyright info is shown below, or sometimes not at all.
- There is an extended variant on the 2008 Kids' Choice Awards, as well as some other shows, in which the lightbulb changes back to the splat logo at the end.
- The logo is shown without the copyright stamp on some Nick Jr. shows, Back at the Barnyard and the first 5 episodes of The Troop. However, some international reruns and more recent ones in the U.S. still had the copyright stamp.
5th logo: Essentially the same as the 2009 Nickelodeon Productions logo, but excluding the word "PRODUCTIONS" and the copyright stamp.
On Degrassi starting with the 14th season, the same logo of Nickelodeon Productions was used but "ORIGINALS" replaces "PRODUCTIONS".
6th logo: TBA.
1st logo: The closing theme of the show.
On several episodes of Finders Keepers, we hear silence over the fireworks logo. On the video Double Dare: The Inside Scoop, we hear the fireworks logo's music.
2nd logo: Usually the outro of the show, or the previous logo's audio may play over the logo (e.g. United Plankton Pictures, Snee-Oosh, Jumbo Pictures, and Peter Hannan Productions).
- For a brief time in summer 2005, there was an announcer (possibly a female adult or an older child) that said "Next on Nick, [SHOW NAME]."
- Staring in 2001, it's the sound of kids laughing (usually heard after the Klasky-Csupo shows, but was also heard on shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender and Catscratch). That sound effect was heard on a Wunschpunsch episode "Terrible Toddlers".
- On airings of Klasky-Csupo shows from September 2000 until sometime in 2001, it has the sounds of a engine revving combined with a xylophone. The audio stop playing once the Nickelodeon logo finishes animating.
- On airings of The Amanda Show with the split-screen credits, it has the buzzing sound from the 1996 Nickelodeon Productions "Lightbulb" logo.
- From the logo's debut until sometime around late 2001/early 2002, sometimes the audio from the preceding promo on the split-screen credits can sometimes play over this logo and the logos before it.
3rd logo: Usually the end theme of the show that aired, but sometimes it's the kids laughing from the last logo.
- On the season one iCarly episode "iWanna Stay With Spencer", this logo had the "POP!" sound from the 2007 Nickelodeon Productions logo. This was the only episode to use this logo, and only known use of this variant, and only instance this logo had its own music.
- On the end of Three Delivery shorts, there is no music playing.
- On split-screen credit airings of Jimmy Neutron episodes, the logo has the "Gotta blast!" audio variant of the Nicktoons logo from the mentioned show.
- On split-screen credit airings of Mr. Meaty, the logo plastered the 1996 Nickelodeon Productions "Lightbulb" logo, and because of it, this logo has the end theme of the show accompanied with the sounds of the mentioned logo. This is probably because the Lightbulb's audio is mixed in with the end theme of the show and Nick must have forgotten to remove the audio.
- On August 9, 2011, on a Nickelodeon USA airing of Bubble Guppies after the split-screen credits, the logo strangely was revived and because of it, the Wild Brain and the 2009 Nickelodeon Productions logos were plastered. The audio from the aforementioned logos was played over this one.
- Also in August 2011, on an airing of Team Umizoomi, an similar thing happened above where the Curious Pictures and Nick logos was plastered and it had the audio from those two logos.
- Again, in August of the same year, on one airing ofDora the Explorer ,there was another error where this logo plastered the extended 2009 Nick logo, and it had the music from that logo.
4th logo: The "laughing kids" sound effect from the 2000 logo, the end theme of the show, the end theme and the "laughing kids" sound effect mixed together, the audio from the logo that came before it (see the music/sounds section of the 2nd logo), or silence.
On split-screen airings of the Ni-Hao Kai-Lan episode "The Ant Playground", the 2005 Nick Jr. Productions jingle may play over the logo without the copyright stamp. This is the only Ni-Hao Kai-Lan episode to use this logo with Nick Jr. Productions music; other episodes used this logo with the standard laugh.
5th logo: Same as the 2009 Nickelodeon Productions logo.
6th logo: TBA.
1st logo: Depending on the variant, it can range from none to medium.
2nd logo: None to low.
3rd logo: None.
4th logo: None. Unless the laugh may frighten someone.
5th logo: Same as the 2009 Nickelodeon Productions logo.
6th logo: TBA.